Dr Tim Wright
Laparoscopic, General and Obesity Surgeon
BMBS FRCS DM FRACS
Tim is a general surgeon with a special interest in advanced laparoscopic surgery. He has been performing obesity surgery since 1997 and has extensive experience with all operations including sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, gastric banding as well as revision procedures from previous failed operations such as gastric banding and stomach stapling . Once patients have lost weight and are requiring removal of loose skin, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can be offered.
When not doing obesity surgery, Tim is a busy general surgeon both in the public and private systems for elective and emergency patients. He has a strong interest in surgery for oesophageal and gastric cancer and for reflux disease. The majority of his surgery is done laparoscopically or endoscopically.
Tim is an avid mountain biker which helps him keep healthy, fit and alert – attributes important for all surgeons.
- Nottingham University UK
- Obesity Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (OSSANZ)
- Australia and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgical Society (ANZMOSS)
- Australian and New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgical Association (ANZGOSA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSEng)
T (02) 8599 7907
Monday - Friday (9am - 5pm)
Copyright © 2019 Peninsula Bariatrics